- “Capetown.Today” refers to our website located at https://capetown.today
- “User” means any person accessing any part of the website
- “Personal information” means information that can identify you as an individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card information.
Status and Amendments
Collection of Personal Data
- We collect, process, and store only such personal information about users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested. We will only use the personal information submitted for the efficient provision of services, including this website and services offered through it by third parties, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or if required to do so by law.
- We will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the website is required or permitted to do so by law. If information is released with the user’s consent, we will retain a record of the statement released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release, and the date of departure for one year.
- We keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for one year from the date it was last used. We will destroy or delete any personal information under our control that has become obsolete.
- Information collected about users through their use of this website is the property of Capetown.Today.
- We will retain all ownership of and copyright in any users’ personal information database.
Collection of Anonymous Data
- We may use standard technology to collect information about the use of our website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but allows us to collect statistics.
- We utilize cookies to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed preferences. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to identify users personally but will be used to compile anonymized statistics relating to the use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of our website. If a user does not wish cookies to be employed to customize their interaction with our website, it is possible to alter how their browser handles cookies. Please note that if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
Access to Personal Data
- If a user believes that any personal data held by the website owner is outdated or incorrect, they are entitled to request that such data be corrected. To make such a request, the user should contact us and specify the incorrect data and the proposed correction, providing full reasons for the request.
- Users can request access to any personal data held by the website owner following the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”), where such access is necessary to exercise or protect any of their rights. A copy of PAIA can be obtained from this link.
- Detailed information about PAIA and the procedure for requesting access to personal data is available in the website owner’s Promotion of Access to Information Manual, which can be obtained from our website or the website of the Human Rights Commission at https://www.sahrc.org.za/.
Links to Other Websites
- While we take reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the website owner or any third party.
- Users and subscribers are prohibited from releasing their usernames and passwords to anyone else.
- The safety and privacy of children using this website are paramount to us. However, it remains the ultimate responsibility of parents and caregivers to ensure that children are not exposed to inappropriate content or behavior.
Copyright Infringement Notifications
- Should you suspect that your material has been replicated and is available through the Service in a manner that violates copyright laws, or if the Service features hyperlinks or other pointers to different websites, applications, or locations that host content or engage in activities infringing upon your copyright, you are encouraged to inform us as outlined in the subsequent section titled “Copyright Infringement Notifications.“