Cape Town has been receiving high rankings for its beaches, including a top 100 for Clifton, and a best airport in Africa.
Cape Town has some of the best beaches in the world, including a new champion. Big 7 Travel has ranked Boulders Beach as number 9 on their annual list.
The list of the best media products is coming up on its fourth-year anniversary, and the rankings are calculated based on previous media scores.
Boulders beach is a major attraction for locals and tourists of all ages, thanks to the adorable ocean critters that call this beach home. Visitors love to sunbathe and swim in the water while also posing for some fantastic photographs with the African penguins that dart around nearby.
So who beat our fantastic beach and adorable critters in a tuxedo?
Playa Conchal in Costa Rica was the winner, while Turqoise Bay in Exmouth, Australia and Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos earned second and third place.
This is the top 10 list:
- Playa Conchal – Costa Rica
- Turquoise Bay – Exmouth, Australia
- Grace Bay – Turks and Caicos
- Siesta Beach – Florida, United States
- Punta Mosquito – Holbox, Mexico
- Secret Lagoon – El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
- San Fruttuoso – Italy
- Pedn Vounder – Cornwall, England
- Boulders Beach – South Africa
- Reynisfjara Beach – Vík í Mýrdal, Iceland