If you are taking a road trip from Cape Town to Plett or Knysna, be sure to stop by Ikigai Coffee Bar & Deli, located in the historic town of Swellendam. The café, with its wood-panelled facade and seafoam-green interior accents, was opened in 2016 by sisters Elandi Coetzee and Lizelle Gschwend.
Ikigai Coffee Bar & Deli is defined by its ethos of community, which is reflected in every aspect of the business. From the homemade goodies to the sustainable, ethically sourced local product suppliers, the café puts emphasis on supporting local businesses.
Menu at Ikigai Coffee Bar & Deli
The café serves a variety of culinary delights such as breakfast dishes, sandwiches, raw juices, and milkshakes. Visitors can taste the difference in their coffee, made with single-origin roasters Origin Coffee, one of the finest in South Africa.
Local Crafts and Goods at Ikigai Coffee Bar & Deli
In addition to food and drink, Ikigai Coffee Bar & Deli has a selection of locally designed goods and crafts. Visitors can purchase Sexy Socks, The Burgundy Collective’s crafted leather accessories, Zana textiles, and more.
Location and Contact Information
Whether you’re spending a few days in charming Swellendam or simply taking a break en route to Plett or Knysna, Ikigai Coffee Bar & Deli is a must-visit.
Address: 19 Swellengrebel St, Swellendam, 6740, South Africa
Phone: +27 63 450 7909
Website: Ikigai Coffee Bar & Deli
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm; Saturday – Sunday, 9am – 2pm.
- The café has an equally charming branch in Riversdale, further along the N2.
- Ikigai is wheelchair accessible and has free Wi-Fi.
- The café has an extensive menu of vegetarian and vegan options, as well as gluten-free options.
- The ambiance of the coffee shop is cozy, with a fireplace and outdoor seating.
- Breakfast dishes and gourmet sandwiches are among the highlights of their menu.
- Visitors have praised their top-notch coffee, lovely interior design, and friendly staff.